NaBloPoMo November 2016

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

You Are What You Believe

"You Are..."

My whole life I have heard what I am. Who I am. What I can expect and should accept.
And I did. 
I took it to heart. I believed. How I was never enough. That I deserved what I got. That I was less-than.
Less than others.
That led to depression, desperation, and unhappiness.
Break downs and misdiagnosis, mistreatment, over-medication.

Then after years of therapy and self-discovery, I found a truth.
Everyone is worthy of certain basic things in life.
Respect
Love
A life worth living

There are no guarantees, and sometimes you have to fight for these things, but you are WORTHY of them. You don't get to skip consequences for your actions and decisions, but they are yours to make.

There is a trick. Knowing who to listen to. The way around it is to question everything and find your truth. The information we get in life, through education and experience, comes from others. And nobody is perfect, even those you look to for answers. And people have biases and agendas. You need to know them and keep them in mind when filtering through life's information.

You are what and who you believe you are. Sometimes you are wrong. If you don't question it, you will never know. I look at evidence. Facts. That helps. You know they whys in your life, and get to judge yourself. Don't use other people's opinions to decide your worth. Don't just accept anything without investigation simply because it comes from someone who is supposedly in charge.

That was my mistake. Belief without proof. If you are surrounded by people who do not have your own best interest as priority one, you cannot take their words on faith. No one knows you like you do, and people tend to take the easy path in life more often than not. Accepting their preconceived beliefs and acting on them without taking anything else into consideration. Also, some people are just dark, for various reasons of their own. 

I found out the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. This section is moderated. Spread love not hate. Thank you.