NaBloPoMo November 2016

Sunday, November 6, 2016

What's wrong with me?

I actually hate it when people ask me about my individual challenges in this life by asking what's "wrong" with me, but it's the fairly universal wording people use when they approach the subject.

In full disclosure, I have decided to list all the ways I have challenges that a lot of others don't. I will be pulling from this list for future posts to give insight, encourage others, and share what I have learned. Here we go.

My Mental Health Laundry List

current diagnoses:

Borderline Personality Disorder
PTSD
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
Panic Disorder
Dermatillomania
Major Depression
Body Dismorphia
Insomnia/Other Sleep Disorders
Various Phobias


past issues still causing problems:

Anorexia-Nervosa
History of Sexual Abuse
History of Emotional Abuse
History of Self Harm
Survivor of Bullying
Survivor of Date Rape
Survivor of Domestic Violence
Survivor of Suicide Attempts

previous diagnoses since changed:

Possible Mood Disorder (as a minor)
Bipolar II
Rapid Cycling Bipolar
Bipolar IV (not otherwise specified)


My Physical Health Laundry List 

(because it impacts the Mental Health)

current issues:

Fibromyalgia
IBS
Trans-Vaginal Mesh Implant Migration
Severe Allergies


past issues still having effects:

Permanent Damage from Injuries
Physical Changes/Side Effects After Surgeries



There are other minor things, but you get the idea. I have more than a few things I can talk about. I do consider myself in Recovery, but I still struggle. Yesterday was particularly difficult. 

If I can just help one person not feel alone or find one thing that helps them, I am a success.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. This section is moderated. Spread love not hate. Thank you.